A very late introduction to myself and my blogs - The Ichigo Bunny

Hello buns

A short while ago I asked twitter if I should post an introduction to myself and my blogs, and everyone said yes! I had never thought about doing this kind of thing until I had seen others doing it... So, let's jump right in!

Happy reading,
Keri AKA Ichigo Bunny
xoxo



Who is Ichigo Bunny?


Who am I, and how did the name come about? I am Keri, a shy and awkward 27 year old 5ft2 Leo born in the year of the sheep. I love learning new things, animals, coffee and nature, and I hate baked beans and people spelling my name wrong with a passion.
I wanted a twitter handle that showed my love of Japan, bunnies and tattoos so I came up with Ichigo Bunny. Ichigo is the Japanese word for strawberry, and the first tattoo I had was a little strawberry behind my ear. I love all animals, but bunnies have a special place in my heart as my first ever pet was a grey bunny, hence why bunny is a part of my handle.


What inspired me to start blogging/ writing poetry?




A few years ago I went on my dream trip to Japan with my mum, and I wanted to write a blog detailing what we had planned.


I wrote up this blog and enjoyed it so much that I decided to write up a few more blogs when I got home. I had posted a few blogs on matters close to my heart, but soon after I hit a wall. Feeling uninspired, I started posting poetry.

Poetry:

I first fell in love with poetry back in school when we was giving an anthology to study and asked to write our own poem. I loved how you can twist words, write a story within a few lines and how those lines could mean something completely different to someone else. I first turned to poetry during hard times in my teenage years, but never had the guts to show anyone my work.

Over the years I had stopped writing full poems. I had lines randomly come to mind but I never sat down and worked on a poem until things in my previous relationship started going downhill. Inspired by the lack of contentment and my need for fulfilment, I started writing down poetry and decided to be brave enough to post some of them. When that relationship ended I was inspired by a different style of poetry, and I've enjoyed the constantly revolving process that myself and my poetry are taking.

Many things can inspire my poetry, like current affairs, feelings or experiences that myself or my loved ones are going through or my feelings and thoughts on issues. Sometimes I get random lines pop in my head from nowhere, and that one line can inspire a whole poem. 

Poetry has opened up a new world that I can lose myself in, and explore to my hearts content. Discovering poetry was my Alice down the rabbit hole moment, and I've loved every twist and turn in this personal journey with it.

Blogging:

Recently I've felt really inspired to start blogging again. Reading blogs by the wonderful foxxtailz always inspired me to get creative, and seeing my friend behindthetrees starting to blog and be open about who they are has inspired me to write about matters that are close to my heart. 


I've been asked many things by various people about Japan, and that made me want to create blogs about my stays there. When planning my trips I found that I had to look at several websites and blogs to find most of the information that I wanted, and when I travelled there I soon realised that there were some things that none of my research had covered. This inspired me to write blogs that cover various areas so the person reading it doesn't lose hours of their time to research, like I did.


In the last year I've been inspired and pushed by my wonderful boyfriend and friends to start blogging more about my trips and other things that are more personal. Last year was somewhat hectic and I didn't get round to posting as much as I had planned. This year I've set myself a task of posting at least once a month, regardless of whether it's a poem or a blog, and I've been really enjoying the challenge so far. I want to be braver and start to post things that push my creativity, but I need to build up my confidence before taking such big steps.



Anyway, I want to keep this short and sweet so I'm cutting this off here. Thank you for reading my lovely buns <3

Comments