Life Update - 3 months post move - The Ichigo Bunny

Hi buns,

I thought I'd let you know how life has been since I moved away from home -  can you believe that it's been three months already? I can't believe that it's only been that length of time as it also feels like it's been a lot longer!

I am loving life here -  I really enjoy my new job, I love living with Gwyd and I feel like I am thriving. I feel settled and in all honesty I'm surprised at how quickly I felt like I had become accustomed to living here.

That's not to say that there have been times when I have struggled or felt sad. The first night I cried my eyes out after watching my Mum drive away and felt pretty fragile all evening. I used to spend every Wednesday evening with one of my best friends and her girls and the first Wednesday video call to them was TOUGH, there was so many tears! I still miss seeing them every Wednesday, I really miss seeing the kids growing up and hearing about their day at school, I miss talking to my friend and putting the world to rights over a glass of wine.

I miss seeing my friends and seeing my family, there are some things that a phone call home cannot replace. I miss being able to make plans for after walk, for random pints with them, I miss the little things that comes with having friends living close by. Thank god for social media and video calling apps! It does make me appreciate the time I get to spend with them when I do go home, I do feel like I never have enough time to see everyone though. 


But it's completely worth it to live with the love of my life. I laugh every day over the most stupidest of things that Gwyd says or does, I love spending every evening chilling, playing games or watching crap on Netflix. Every evening I look over at him and feel like the luckiest lady in the world. I feel so damn lucky to love with someone who loves and cares for me. I also so spoilt - Gwyd makes me lunch to take to work and dinner every day!

I'm really enjoying my new job. I'm still working for the NHS but now working as an administrator for respiratory diagnostics. I was really worried and anxious about starting work at a place where I had no friends and didn't know anyone and feeling like a larry no mates but I have a really good team. I'm so lucky to be working with a lovely bunch of people who look after me and took me under their. wing straight away. It is weird not knowing anyone on reception or around the hospital when I walking around though!


It took me a long time to move out of home and it took some guts to move away from everyone that I know, but it's paid off. I get to spend everyday with someone who loves to help me with my blogs, who makes me feel special, who makes me laugh and most importantly - gives me a glass of wine a big hug when I am feeling sad.

See you guys when this current situation blows over!

Stay safe Keri AK The Ichigo Bunny
xoxo



Comments