A Post Move Update - The Ichigo Bunny

Hello buns!


Back in January I moved out of home for the first time. I moved over 2 and a half hours away to live with Gwyd, the love of my life and it's been one of the best decisions I have ever made. 

I was happy at home but I didn't feel like I was thriving. I enjoyed my job, I enjoyed seeing my friends and family and them being around the corner but something still felt missing. I was hating the fact that Gwyd and I had only one full day a week to properly see each other, I had felt bored, restless and in need of change.

After a lot of thinking and talks with Gwyd about us living together and about where we should live and trying to work out what would be the best for both of us, I decided that I wanted to move to Kent to be with Gwyd.

I feel like this move has done wonders for me. As much as I loved my home and having my loved ones close by I did need to grow and have my own space.  I feel like this big life change has taught me a lot about myself. I have learnt that I can adapt to positive changes within my life. I had always thought that I hated change and didn't react positively to it, but now I realise that I had hated change because the change always came after a negative event. When it's a change that I am in control of I am able to grow and face any challenges with a positive mindset.

I am not going to lie, as excited as I was to move in with Gwyd, I was also worried about being far away from everyone. I was worried about missing Wednesdays with my friend and her girls, I was worried about not being able to be 5 minutes away from anyone if anything goes wrong. It's also going to sound really stupid, but I was worried about kind of being forgotten about by my friends. I didn't have any "goodbye" drinks with my friends as I was worried that it would of felt like I wasn't going to see them again when I was planning on coming home every 4-6 weeks. There has been times when I've felt stupidly envious of friends hanging out together which I know is really dumb but I think I've been envious of the distance between me and my friends.

The one thing that I am thankful for is that I was able to move in with Gwyd before lock down and that I was able to go home and see family and friends now long before the lock down was put into place. The last 4 months would of been really tough if it wasn't for Gwyd. I have cried A LOT. I cried about our holiday being cancelled, not being able to go home for birthdays, for not being able to see every one and give them a big hug. I felt really bloody miserable at times but Gwyd really looked after me and done his best to make me smile when I didn't feel like doing so.

My new job is still within the NHS and still an admin role. I was really worried about joining a hospital and a team that I didn't know however I shouldn't of worried! I am lucky to join a wonderful team who have supported me, looked after me and accepted me as the weirdo that I am! I have had to learn so much like the what clinics that we book are and what happens in them, what hospitals are closer to different areas (I have an entire bit in my note book dedicated to areas and what hospital is the closest to them, as I have no idea where any of these places are!) and the system that we use. I have had several appraisals since I started (it's something that happens for all new starters at the trust I work for) and I'm really pleased to say that I have smashed them all! I didn't think I was learning at a fast speed but I've been told regularly that I've picked things up quickly, that I'm doing really well and that they are really pleased with the progress that I've made. I am really enjoying my role, I'm kept busy and I am constantly learning new things. Things did get tough during the peak of COVID-19 but I am so proud of my team for the way everyone looked out for each other. It's been wonderful to of been able to join and fit in with the first department that gave me a job and to feel so fulfilled with the role that I was given. 

I love living in a beautiful area that is close to the beach and a hour away from London. There are so many cool artsy spots near to where we live and I love going to check them out. There are loads of cool bars and cafes that I can't wait for us to be able to check out when everything gets back to normal and I like that we have so many scenic places to walk to while we're waiting for everything to be normal. 

I love my little home I have with Gwyd, I love my job. I love being able to come home to my best friend, and being able to get a hug from him when the day has been tough. I love that we get the time to do things during the week that we would have to try and cram into a weekend, like chilling and binge watching episodes of a new show we had found on Netflix or playing video games together. Getting to spend every day with my best friend really is the best feeling in the world and it feels like we have been living together for a lot longer than 6 months. There is always the guilt that I don't spend enough time with everyone when I do get to visit, but it means that I cherish my time with my loved ones even more than I did before.



Thanks for reading,

Keri AKA The Ichigo Bunny x

Comments