My Goals for 2021 - The Ichigo Bunny

 Hey buns

I normally look at my goals from the previous year and see how many of them I had accomplished and talk about my goals for the upcoming year. Well, what with everything that happened last year I've decided to forget about every goal that I had set considering that the pandemic demolished the chances to achieve most of them. It's also made me consider a lot of things and made me think about a lot of things that I always say I'll do but never action. I've tried to base my goals for this year around that, read on to hear about what I would like to achieve this year.


Happy reading,

Keri AKA The Ichigo Bunny


Taken by Gwyd Westwood


My 2021 Goals


1 - Find an exercise I enjoy

I have never really enjoyed exercise. I've not really found anything that I liked and that I found fun (apart from trampoline at school, does that count?). I want to start exercising as I want to get fit and I want to use exercise as a way of helping me improve my mental health. I do feel better after exercising and I want it to be associated with a healthy thing, not as a negative thing that people only do to lose weight or keep their bodies in one shape or size. This isn't anything against those who do, I've just always had negative feelings towards exercise as I learnt that this was something that you only done to lose weight and I want to banish that mindset. It's not healthy.

2 - Spend at least 20 minutes revising Japanese using an app

I have been meaning to step up my revision game. Admittedly, revision is something that I have never been good at. I spend a lot of time on my phone so I've decided that using an app to help me do so is probably the best thing to do. I've started using Duolingo again and I've gotten sucked back into it, so I am hoping that I will be able to keep this up.


3 - Gain confidence in front of a camera.

I have always been shy, painfully so. I've been wanting to create more reels on Instagram and start creating YouTube videos but have always been shy about doing so. I was doing a test run for a video in front of Gwyd the other week and burst into tears as I felt so shy and awkward in front of him. I want to be able to get past that and to gain the confidence to be able to film in front of him. How am I supposed to create fab content when we can go travelling again if I can't even film myself in front of him?


4 - Create at least 12 YouTube videos this year

I have a lot of ideas for content for Instagram and YouTube and this year I would like to start putting in more effort for filming videos! I've got plenty of blogs that I would like to turn into YouTube content and I've got so many ideas written down that I can't wait to start actioning and turning into content. I'm going to aim for 12 videos as that will be one per month, the goal that I am for with my blogs. It's a small number but I don't want to put pressure on myself if I am unable to hit a bigger target as this is supposed to be for fun. I am really excited about creating a different format of content and I am hoping that gaining confidence in front of the camera is going to help me with my confidence.

5 - Improve my Instagram content

I love creating photo content for Instagram and my blogs. I've been practising editing photographs and I want to use these skills for photos for Instagram content. I won't be changing my body shape or size, but I'll be doing some colour enhancement, brightening or darkening of shadows ect, that kind of editing. I've been looking at ways that I can improve what I post and I think one way would be to take pictures on a camera rather than my phone. I'm really excited to try and improve my photography taking and editing skills


These are my only goals for this year. Last year really taught me the importance of taking as many photos and videos as I can, and I don't want to make any goals regarding things that could be cancelled due to lockdowns ie getting tattooed or meeting friends that I haven't seen for a long time. 

Remember, New Year doesn't have to be the best time to set goals. You can set them all year round, whenever is best for you.

What are your current goals? X

Taken by Gwyd Westwood


Comments