2019 to 2020 - The Goals I've achieved and the new Goals I'm setting

Hello buns!

What a year it has been! 2019 was a year of many changes, some for the best, some not so great. It's time to reflect on last years goals and see how much I have achieved, and time to set some new goals!

Hope you've all had a wonderful New Years, and this year is already looking great for you!

Happy reading
Keri AKA Ichigo Bunny
xoxo




Reflecting on my 2019 Goals


I tried to challenge myself with the goals I had set for 2019. I will not go into detail about every single goal but I shall explain what I've achieved from my blog, travel, friendship and life goals. If you would like to catch up on my first ever goal blog please click here.

Blog goals - I haven't achieved ANY of the blog goals that I have set myself. I have, however, made more steps towards finishing my Japanese blogs, started planning and making notes for some look books. I was hoping to learn about taking better pictures for blogs, but my boyfriend has kindly offered to help take them.

Travel goals - From all of the goals I set regarding travel I only managed to properly tick one from the list. This year Gwyd and I went to Dortmund for a gig, ticking off another place/town that we haven't visited within the EU. We haven't gone to a place within the UK that we haven't visited before, but we have explored new locations within London that we haven't been to. I've been able to start laying some concrete plans for both my solo trip and our joint trip to Japan, but not enough that I feel like I can say that I achieved my goals.

Friendship goals - I haven't ticked anything off from my friendship goals list! I've been insanely busy this year with trying to find a new job, relocate and generally keep myself sane. One thing I have managed to achieve was finally taking a picture with a friend that I have known for 12 years. Can you imagine being friends with someone for 12 years and never getting a picture?

Life Goals - I have not smashed any of my life goals apart from experiencing two things that have pushed me out of my comfort zone. I hate moving and I hate the whole process of applying for new jobs, and then being the newbie! While I didn't technically move and start my new job until this year, putting myself through the numerous process of getting ready to move and applying for new jobs really pushed myself into uncomfortable territory. I have make semi-concrete plans for my second sleeve, so I'd say that that is half a goal accomplished!


Taken by Gwyd when we was in Dortmund





My goals for 2020


While every new year symbolises a new start for many people, 2020 is truly bringing a new start for me! A few days into the new year I will be relocating to Folkestone to move in with the love of my life and I am incredibly excited to start the next decade living with Gwyd.

I wanted to achieve so much in 2019, but the search for a job took up a lot of my time and I feel that I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to. Now that the job search is over, I'm determined to get back on it and start smashing those goals!



My Goals for 2020


Actually manage to post one blog a month - I came so close to achieving this goal last year, but life got in the way. This year I'm pre-planning what blogs I want to post and what month I want to release them to help me achieve this.

Post one look book - I know this is very similar to my first goal, but I have some really cool look book ideas and I would really like to post at least one this year.

Spend at least one evening a week practising Japanese - My dedication to learning Japanese has taken a back seat since June, and I miss taking the time to learn it. Gwyd is trying to learn it, so we're hoping to spend one evening a week practising our reading and speaking.

Visit one place I haven't been to before in - When ever most people think of visiting a new place they tend to think of going somewhere on holiday. I think visiting an area that you've never visited (like Chinatown in London for example), going to a museum you've never been to or eating at a place you've never dined in before counts. No little how big or small, I believe that every new experience is good for you.

Buy more from smaller businesses - I would like to support smaller businesses this year, whether it be close to home or further away. I've seen a lot of friends start up their own businesses creating some beautiful things, and I've seen a lot of local people start up their own little stores. I want to purchase from them to help support them and to be able to give money to people that would really appreciate it.

Wear the weird outfit - Anyone else see people wear cool or quirky outfits and constantly wishing that they were brave enough to do so? Me too! But this year I'm going to try and be firm with myself and just go for it. I recognised that a lot of my confidence went when I put on weight, but I also know that life is too short to keep holding off doing things until I'm at the weight I want to be. It's a really negative way to live and I'm done with restricting myself.

Stop telling myself I'm too chunky to get the pixie cut - Leading on from my previous goal, I'm going to stop telling myself that I'm too chunky to get the short haircut I love. I've seen some beautiful people with fuller figures that rock the short hair and they've inspired me to let go of body hang-ups and to just go for it. Again -  life is too short to live miserably and not allowing yourself to do things just because you don't like the way you look. There will be someone you inspire by being bold - try to remember that next time you're beating yourself up.

Finally create my first piece of video content - I've been meaning to create video content, starting off with making some previous blog content as video content for those who prefer to watch videos, whether it be because they struggle with reading/ have sight issues or because they just prefer that kind of content. I want my content to be accessible to as many people as possible, I just need to pluck up the courage and make the first one.

Visit my friend living in Hanoi/ at least make solid plans to - One of my dear friend moved to Hanoi a little while ago and I've been wanting to go and visit her. If I can't afford to visit her this year I would like to have plans in place to visit her next year. Hanoi looks beautiful and I'm so excited to see the place that my friend calls her home.

Not get hung up on what I haven't achieved, but celebrate what I did - I'm SO good at making myself feel bad for not ticking off any goals and I need to stop that. While I might not be ticking off the goals I have written down, I am achieving different things and still growing as a person. I'm doing my best to shed any negative thoughts about myself, I'm trying my best to reduce my impact on the planet and I'm going to still try and achieve some of those previous goals. I think that we can get a little hung up on the things that we didn't do (I still catch myself doing this) instead of looking at what we have accomplished, intentional or not. We need to stop this, and celebrate everything that we have achieved. Even if all you have accomplished is surviving, congratulate yourself. 

You've survived, you are living. Even if that is all you do this year, you've kept on going. Happy 2020 buns, let's make this the year that we do not tell ourselves horrible things.


Happy New Years!





Comments